We all know what it’s like to feel lonely.
It’s a hollow emptiness, a feeling of isolation and disconnection. And we don’t even have to be by ourselves to experience it. We can feel lonely in a relationship, in a crowded room, even among friends.
Jesus understands the full breadth of human loneliness because he himself experienced it. But he stays with us when no one else will. His love penetrates deep into our hearts so that we never feel fully alone.
Because with him, we never are.
The following 7 Scripture verses assure you of God’s presence, even at your loneliest hour.
1. “Your God, the Lord himself, will be with you. He will not fail you or abandon you.”
See Deuteronomy 31:6 (GNTD)
2. “When they call to me, I will answer them; when they are in trouble, I will be with them.”
Psalm 91:15(a) (GNTD)
3. “If the Lord had not helped me, I would have gone quickly to the land of silence. I said, ‘I am falling’; but your constant love, O Lord, held me up.”
Psalm 94:17, 18 (GNTD)
4. “Do not be afraid. I will save you. I have called you by name—you are mine. When you pass through deep waters, I will be with you; your troubles will not overwhelm you. When you pass through fire, you will not be burned; the hard trials that come will not hurt you. For I am the Lord, your God. … because you are precious to me and because I love you and give you honor, do not be afraid—I am with you!”
See Isaiah 43:1-5 (GNTD)
5. “I will be with you always, to the end of the age.”
See Matthew 28:20 (GNTD)
6. “I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.”
John 14:18 (ESV)
7. “No one stood by me the first time I defended myself; all deserted me. ... But the Lord stayed with me and gave me strength.”
See 2 Timothy 4:16,17 (GNTD)
Want to memorize some of these verses? Check out BibleMinded, a free Bible memorization app!
Thanks to the support of our faithful financial partners, American Bible Society has been engaging people with the life-changing message of God’s Word for more than 200 years.
Help us share God's Word where
Sign up to receive free coloring pages and regular email updates from the Bible Blog.