Your company isn’t doing well financially and is laying off employees. You may be next.
Your husband is unhappy at work and comes home angry, impatient and irritable.
You’ve just had a biopsy for a suspicious lump, and you’re awaiting test results.
All of these scenarios induce stress, which can produce an array of physical and emotional symptoms. You may feel anxious, off kilter and worried. Or sleep might elude you as your thoughts race with the clock. Or you might feel sick to your stomach when you think about the situation.
But God’s Word, the perfect stress reliever, can calm your fears and anxieties. We share these 7 Scripture verses to help you deal with the stress in your life. Meditate on the verses and share the post with others, who may need God’s Word right now.
- “I have commanded you to be strong and brave. Don’t ever be afraid or discouraged! I am the Lord your God, and I will be there to help you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9 (CEV)
- “With all your heart you must trust the Lord and not your own judgment. Always let him lead you, and he will clear the road for you to follow.” Proverbs 3:5-6 (CEV)
- “Blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. He will be like a tree planted by the water and sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.” Jeremiah 17:7-8 (NIV)
- “I tell you not to worry about your life. Don’t worry about having something to eat, drink or wear. Isn’t life more important than food or clothing? Look at the birds in the sky! They don’t plant or harvest. They don’t even store grain in barns. Yet your Father in heaven takes care of them. Aren’t you worth more than birds. Can worry make you live longer?” Matthew 6:25-27 (CEV)
- “I give you peace, the kind of peace that only I can give. It isn’t like the peace that this world can give. So don’t be worried or afraid.” John 14:27 (CEV)
- “Don’t worry about anything, but pray about everything. … Then, because you belong to Christ Jesus, God will bless you with peace that no one can completely understand. And this peace will control the way you think and feel.” See Philippians 4:6-7 (CEV)
- “God cares for you, so turn all your worries over to him.” 1 Peter 5:7 (CEV)
Want to start memorizing these verses? Try the free app, BibleMinded.
Thanks to the support of our faithful financial partners, American Bible Society has been engaging people with the life-changing message of God’s Word for more than 200 years.
Help us share God's Word where
Sign up to receive free coloring pages and regular email updates from the Bible Blog.